Here are a few simple tips for editing the wiki.
Feel free to add more.
For detailed guides to MediaWiki software see:
(N.B.: Wikipedia is heavily customized, so there may be minor technical differences between Wikipedia and this site.)
The biggest tip: Click "edit" at the top of the page. Reading the code of this and other pages will give you a lot of great tips.
If you don't see an "edit" button at the top of the page and instead you see "view source", there are several possibilities:
- You don't have a user account on this wiki. Only registered users can edit pages. Click here to register - it is very easy and quick.
- You have been blocked from editing. This wiki is heavily spammed (who isn't?) so an over-cautios sysop may have blocked you. If you think that you were blocked by mistake, please accept our apologies and leave a message at the Sysops' message board.
- The page may be protected from being edited. To remedy this, see no. 2.
Adding a link to another page in this wiki
- Simple link:
[[Main Page]] → Main Page
- Using a different text as a link - notice the | character:
[[Main Page|Take a look at out lovely main page!]] → Take a look at out lovely main page!
N.B.: Page names are case sensitive.
Adding a link to a web page
- Very simple link, not so nice:
[http://www.wall.org/] → 
- Giving a name to a link, notice the space after the URL:
[http://www.wall.org/ Larry Wall's homepage] → Larry Wall's homepage
- Linking an email address - just like `http://'</code>, but with `mailto:':
[mailto:email@example.com Frodo Baggins' email] → Frodo Baggins' email
Talk pages are used to discuss articles and contact other users.
When you write something at a talk page, sign your name by writing --~~~~. This will expand to your name and date. (You need to fill your name and nickname in the preferences to make this feature work correctly).